Wednesday, May 25, 2011

ORA-27303: additional information: requested interface xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx failed bind. Check output from ifconfig command

Finally on the exadata, and I make a simple mistake in the login script. 

First I logon to the exadata, and I can start and stop the default database. Everything looks fine.  I then go to create my own database and I get this message

ORA-27504: IPC error creating OSD context

ORA-27300: OS system dependent operation:bind_fail failed with status: 0
ORA-27301: OS failure message: Error 0
ORA-27302: failure occurred at: skgxpvifconf
ORA-27303: additional information: requested interface xx.xx.xxx.xxx failed bind. Check output from ifconfig command

Huh ?  We are having issues transferring files to the machine also (scp's are stalling). so this looks like a network issue right ?  Check output from ifconfig, bind failed for an IP address.. all network related clues.

Well the issue turned out to be ORA_CRS_HOME set incorrectly.    Once I set it correctly, I am able to start up a new database, and start my dbduplicate process.

I just wanted to pass this along, and hopefully help someone else who get's this cryptic message.




No comments:

Post a Comment